- Host Schools to supply 2 Staff, all other Schools to supply 1 Staff
- All competitors must marshal 5-10 minutes before the scheduled event start. If a competitor marshals late they are to start from the 2nd start line. Staff are allowed in the marshalling area to talk with students.
- Failure to marshal will lead to disqualification
- Competitors without an official Bib will not be allowed to compete.
- The starter will call the competitors forward with the call ‘On your marks!’ The race will then be started on the sound of a starting pistol.
- Depending on Event capacity limits, Schools can field between 5-10 competitors per event.
- Competitors must return their Bib to their Team Manager upon completion of their event.
- Team Managers are responsible for the pickup, distribution and return of all Bib’s to the EISM Office. Bib’s are to be returned in good condition, sorted in numerical order.
- Points awarded:
- 1st competitor to finish gains 1 point
- 15th competitor to finish gains 15 points
- 63rd competitor to finish gains 63 points
- The default score of 100 points per person will apply to schools that don’t have sufficient runners completing the course.
- At the conclusion of the Event, in each Division the school with the lowest total points over all age divisions is the Champion Cross Country School.
- The first three placegetters in each event to receive medallions.
Boys | Girls
– Under 13 3000 metres | 3000 metres
– Under 14 3000 metres | 3000 metres
– Under 15 4000 metres | 3000 metres
– Under 16 4000 metres | 3000 metres
– Open 4000 metres | 3000 metres
- Students should take their epipen with them when they run the course. Schools have the option of trailing the last running in the event on a bike with the appropriate epipen for their student.
- There are 21 marshals around the course. Schools are requested to have a generic epipen with each marshal. Instruct students to seek assistance from marshals around the course if they are in difficulty.
- Each competitor must be dressed in full school colours and wear an official Competitors Bib.
- Each competitor must adhere strictly to the course as stated and displayed.
- No-one, not involved in the race, can run with or physically support a runner during an event.
- No competitor may run with any music devices or sporting equipment
- Schools are to advise the EISM Office in writing if a competitor is out of their age group.
- A Pennant to be awarded to the lowest combined score of boys and girls for each age group.
- It is the responsibility of each school to ensure that their own competitors know the course.
- The Cross-Country Course is not to be used for warm-ups, all warm-ups need to be conducted off-course.
- Students are not to play ball games in the immediate vicinity of the course or tents.
- Students are not to play on the pre-school play equipment located at the venue.
EISM Cross Country
Cross Country 2023
Cross Country 2022
Cross Country 2020 & 2021 – Cancelled due to COVID Restrictions
Cross Country 2019
Cross Country 2018